Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Trip Back Home

Sorry it has been a while since the last post, life is a bit of a tornado right now as I am gearing up for Africa. I am trying my hardest to be fully present in this transition time.



A couple weeks ago I was able to take some time off work and travel west to visit family and friends in Colorado.  Since I moved to Knoxville three years ago I have cherished the time I get to spend with my family and friends on these sorts of visits.  I also cherish simply being in Colorado. It was a fantastic trip.

Some of the highlights were having my Uncle Deny and Aunt Carol visit from David City, Nebraska.  Spending time with my nephews. Going to the gym with my sister-in-law and brother. Meeting up with Elizabeth who was in town from Tennessee with her husband for a conference.  Going for a Harley ride with Rod.  Getting together with Quinn who was in town from Newport Beach.  Kayaking with Sarah.  Hanging out with Kirsten who was in town from Beijing. Visiting my al ma mater University of Northern Colorado. Eating Dad's bar-b-q chicken. Having many meals with many different friends filled with love, laughter and great conversation. It was a busy trip! I won't keep rambling, even though there is so much more to share! It was a trip filled with many blessings.

Here are some of my favorite photos (I have been having fun with my new camera!)





 Mason Joseph, 5 Year's old. Son to my brother Justin and his wife Tracy


Warren Michael, 8 months, Mason's younger brother


Colorado Blue Sky over the Longmont Farmers Market


My Dad (right) Grilling out with my Uncle Denny





My Aunt Carol, from Nebraska


Kendra, a neighborhood friend since we were 5








Sarah, my "adoptive" mother











Kirsten, a friend from Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp


Elizabeth, from Johnson City





Dinner with Angela (friend from school) and fiancee Kevin


Quinn home from Newport beach





Gunter hall, school of Nursing, UNC Greeley



No comments:

Post a Comment